Monday, May 4, 2015

T-Minus One Week

Hey, ya'll!

While watching Jet Li's The Defender on Netflix, I realized that only one week stands between me and my flight to Hong Kong! Crazy, right? I keep going over the lists in my head and on paper, yet I continue to procrastinate packing. I've started about twice now and I always have something come up and I decide to start all over again. My room is currently a disaster zone with suitcases of different sizes(trying to figure out which one to take) and a bunch of toiletries(trying to decide what needs to go on my carry-on/can all fit in a quart bag).

Mom is still asking if I'm having second thoughts or if I'm nervous. I tell her "no" on both, but its a definite "yes" on that latter. As the day continues to draw closer, I continue to run every scenario through my head. What if the plane crashes? What if I get kidnapped by human traffickers? Liam Neeson's gonna have to come find me--better yet, just call Jet. That should be the number one rule if I ever I get kidnapped. Repeat.

Better yet, just call Jet.

Despite all my pessimistic thoughts, I know I'm in good hands with the faculty. Dr. Thaler has been to China many, many times and knows his way around. Its believed I can entrust the rest of the students with my safety as well. I hardly know any of them, which makes the whole trip slightly daunting, but no one seems to be out for my blood--yet.

We received the itinerary last week so my roommates for Hong Kong/Guangzhou and Xi'an/Beijing have been revealed. I'll need to inform them that I am not a pleasant being in the morning...

After I finish The Defender I think I'll go pack for my own trip to Hong Kong...or just watch another Jet Li movie since Netflix truly insists.

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Kylee! I can't wait to hear about you being in China! China will never be the same! It is awesome that you are going!

    ReplyDelete